Have you experienced whiplash?
Whiplash injuries are sustained during high impact collisions involving an immediate deceleration of your body and head. This can cause multiple tears to the muscles and tendons of the head and neck. Furthermore, because of the immediate change in speed, it will cause your brain to collide and jostle against the walls of your skull, leading to possible cognitive changes and brain injury. Pain and neck stiffness often occur after the initial accident. However even more debilitating are the possible cognitive and memory changes that can occur months later due to brain injury. Whiplash accidents involving automobiles can also cause slipped discs and severe spinal damage. At our Chiropractic clinic, we examine all possible outcomes due to a whiplash injury.
Signs and Symptoms:
- Severe acute or chronic neck pain
- Headaches following a collision
- Balance changes
- Loss of range of motion in the head and neck
- Loss of strength in upper extremities
- Loss of spinal curvature
- Cognitive changes
- Memory changes
- Radiating pain, tingling, burning, or numbness down along the shoulder and/or arm
- Auto accidents
- Racing collisions or falls
- Collisions during contact sports
- History of collisions
Our approach to whiplash
Our Chiropractic clinic will assess all aspects of damage involved with whiplash. We, first, view any films taken and assess if they are sufficient enough. Your spinal alignment, disc integrity, ligament integrity, cognitive health, posture, and balance are all evaluated in order to get a full understanding of your health. Then we create a multi-step, customized plan that fits your needs.
Care may include:
- Specific Chiropractic Adjustments (meant to restore proper biomechanics within the joint)
- Balance rehabilitation
- Neurological/cognitive rehabilitation
- Active Release Technique (muscle “stripping” technique to reduce muscle contractures in the area)
- Exercise Rehabilitation (strengthening the surrounding muscles)
- Orthopedic pillows and/or postural training
- Hot/Cold therapy
- Manual and Mechanical Traction (meant to decompress the compressed nerves, and improve hydration of the discs)
You don't have to live in pain from whiplash. Schedule an appointment today!