Dear Chiropractic & Physical Therapy Center Family,
We know that things outside may seem uncertain, but we want you to know that we are here for you during these trying times. At this time we are maintaining regular business hours to ensure our Chiropractic & Physical Therapy Center family has the best care for their chiropractic immune system protection. In order to do that, we're also offering an additional 40% off the following select supplements when you schedule a chiropractic visit! Call 703.291.6677, email [email protected], or click here and schedule today**!
These are the four best categories of supplementation and brands that I can recommend to any of my patients. They cover all systems and functions of the immune process, as well as support the rest of the body's associations with supporting immune function. I am not affiliated with any of these brands and am giving my unbiased opinion. I hope you take advantage of these beneficial products, and I am happy to consult with anyone on more specifics for what is best for you and your families.
1. Nutriplex Formulas Immune Support
- This is the best mix of herbs and botanicals that boosts our defense system against viruses, bacteria, and free radical damage. Support a healthy immune system by providing needed cofactors, vitamins, phytonutrients, bioflavonoids, enzymes, sterols, and amino acids. It contains a synergistic mix of Astragalus, Echinacea root, Maitake Mushroom Extract, Organic Acerola Cherry, Green Tea, Leaf, Eleutherococcus Senticosus, and other vital minerals. Immune Support is a safe and effective supplement for general health and wellness.
2. Vitamin D3 (liquid concentrated)
- We know Vitamin D is essential for bone health. Still, it is actually crucial for the proper functioning of our immune system. When taken at higher dosages (2k to 4k for adults; 1k for children), it has been shown to help enhance specific immune cell functioning. T-Regular cells are a type of immune cell that helps your immune system regulate the appropriate response to a foreign invader, releasing attack cells like natural killer cells, cytotoxic t-cells, and cytokines. We mustn't just have a "strong" immune system, but rather, the most efficient and appropriate immune responses to fend off infection. Vitamin D should be a part of EVERYONE's immune plan, and D3 is the most readily absorbable.
3. Glutathione Supplementation
- Glutathione is a vital substance in the body that's not often talked about enough. Glutathione is produced in the body naturally and is your body's natural way of reducing free radical damage. In turn, this helps enhance our immune systems, helps prevent systemic inflammation, and reduces the risk of chronic disease due to neuro-inflammation (aging of the brain). I talk a lot about Glutathione in our brain lectures because as we get older, our body gradually makes less and less of it! Rather than spend a lot of time taking antioxidants like Vitamin C and E; supplementing with Glutathione actually helps upregulate your body's ability to make its own, the way it was supposed to! From immune health to brain disease, and anti-aging reasons; glutathione supplementation is being studied more and more for its very beneficial qualities. Remember, your immune system starts in the brain (Pituitary gland, thalamus, and cerebral cortex).
- We use two types (Liquid and Pill versions)
a) - Apex Energetics Trizomal Glutathione liquid - has three different substrates of Glutathione, including the precursors to help promote the body making its own.
b) - Apex Energetics AC-Glutathione (pill) - Contains the most concentrated amount to get the best absorption of Glutathione.
4. Wuji Brand Chlorella
- Chlorella is quite an amazing supplement/natural algae. There are several Randomized controlled studies (gold-standard of research) showings its immunostimulatory effects. It has been shown to help enhance the function of immune cells such as natural killer cells and improve blood serum antioxidant levels in the body. It has also been effectively used in trials to help with a myriad of different conditions such as fatty liver (a powerful detoxifier), inflammation from smoking (potent antioxidant), cancer, and major depressive disorder (most likely due to both its immune-enhancing and system/toxicity cleansing attributes.
Dr. Ben Glasman
and the Chiropractic & Physical Therapy Center Team
**If you are sick or have been exposed, we ask that you please stay home and follow the CDC recommendations that can be found here: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/if-you-are-sick/steps-when-sick.html